Production Planner (R466883)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Why supply chain at Stryker?
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better.
Who we want
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in function
What you will do-
You will create and maintain production schedules by considering sales order priorities, material availability, and production capacity, based on the approved financial plan. This role enforces sales order/work order scheduling policy and procedures designed to protect planning lead times , and ensure customer demand is fulfilled according to consolidated order priorities. The objective is to maintain production schedule stability and adherence to sales order due dates.
Working under general supervision, this position has frequent use and/or application of industry principles, theories, and concepts of production planning and requires general knowledge of industry standards. In this position the person is expected to solve a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Analyze sales orders within the planning lead time to ensure material is available to fulfill scheduled orders.
- Utilize MRP/supplier visualization (SV), and work with Procurement to ensure accurate material availability dates.
- Maintain sales order due dates to align with expected material availability and capacity limitations.
- Collaborate with Customer Services/Order Entry teams for revised priorities and rescheduling if orders are not fulfilled within the appropriate time frame.
- Ensures customer delivery requirements are met.
- Collaborate with Operations Project Coordinators and Material Coordinators to effectively manage engineering change implementations on the production lines.
- Actively participate in material allocations between production and aftermarket demands.
- Performs analysis that highlights trends, drivers, and issues with Production planning. Initiates counter measures to resolve issues.
- Participates as a planning representative on the cross-functional project teams. Supports timely project completion through performance measurement reports and forecasting process development and improvement.
- Utilize planning tools to effectively and efficiently create tactical inventory and supply solutions.
- Support Production Manager and PGLs in root-cause analysis activities related to production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you need-
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Planning, or other related degree
- APICS CPIM, CSPC certification preferred
- 2 years of relevant experience required
- QAD experience and application preferred
- Advanced skill level required for Excel and Word.
- Intermediate skills required for PowerPoint
- Demonstrated planning, analytical, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Exhibits positive people skills, and a team approach to problem resolution
- Business System application knowledge in Sales Order management, Production Scheduling, Inventory Control, ERP / MRP, and Procurement, utilizing a tier 1 or 2 ERP system
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com