Production Maintenance Mechanic (23792)
Amentum is seeking a Production Maintenance Mechanic to join our team of multi-skilled technicians in Waukesha, WI. As a Production Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the production equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Hours: 2nd shift, 3:00PM – 11:30PM
The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot CNC machine tools, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers, and other equipment as required. Must also be able to perform all aspects of corrective and mechanical maintenance on all production related industrial systems including but not limited to CNC machinery, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors and coolant systems. The Production Maintenance Mechanic will document and input all data on PMs and repairs into a CMMS. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots automated Fanuc robotic systems, CNC machinery, hydraulic presses, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems, and conveyor systems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchanger equipment and basic electrical issues.
- Utilizes megers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Safely operates fork lifts, hoists and cranes and performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
- Performs planned preventive maintenance tasks scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuming compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficient solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day to day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- 3 (three) years of experience performing mechanical maintenance on industrial manufacturing process/production equipment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Associate’s degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC/R, manufacturing technology, or a related technical program.
- Experience maintaining a Fanuc robotics automated production line, including specialized hydraulic presses, and driven conveyor systems.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC machine tools, included but not limited to Mazak, Heller, Masco, IMPCO, Rosama and Toyoda.
Experience troubleshooting robotic systems such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM specifications.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication and millwright related work.
- Experience using a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.