Production Maintenance Electrician (30852)
Amentum is seeking an advanced Production Maintenance Electrician with strong PLC skills to join our team of multi-skilled technicians in an Electrical Apparatus manufacturing facility in Waukesha, WI. Typical schedule is 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
As a Production Maintenance Technician you are responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in installing, programming, troubleshooting, servicing and documenting the electrical and controls needs of process / production equipment in an industrial environment. Technicians maintain, improve, and participate in developing control systems, programming ladder logic / PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Fanuc, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and PLC-5) and HMI. Work with Allen Bradley Controls and instrumentation such as thermocouples and transducers, as well as primary voltages up to and including 480v.
You will provide instruction, mentor and train less skilled technicians as needed. Maintain a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems. Identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs manufacturing process / production machines, robots, automation equipment and related electrical equipment, such as electrical control circuits from 24v up to and including 480v AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Calibrates instrumentation equipment and controls for optimum performance.
- Support the procurement of spare parts.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience performing electrical maintenance on industrial manufacturing process / production equipment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization, must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Technology, or related skilled trade program.
- NFPA-70E Training.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools and controls.
- Experience with robotic systems and controls (Fanuc, ABB, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing components up to 480v 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting 4-20mA and 0-10v circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing PLCs, such as Allen Bradley, Fanuc etc.
- Experience using RS Logix, MicroLogix, ControlLogix and PLC-5 Software.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing VFDs.
- Experience calibrating testing equipment.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).