Associate Director Procurement (Capital Procurement)
Permanents contracts available
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman! We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress.
At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
For our team in Europe we are currently recruiting: an Associate Director Procurement (Capital Procurement)
Purpose of the role
In the position of Associate Director Procurement you will be reporting to the Global Capital Procurement lead. Within the Capital team, this role will be responsible and accountable for categories as packaging- and process equipment, engineering services, construction, and lab equipment. This role may be responsible as well for categories within site services categories, based on business needs. The job holder will work together with direct team members and capital procurement site members.
Welcome in our team
The Organon Global Procurement & Supplier Management (GPSM) Organization partners with the business to develop and execute direct and indirect sourcing strategies, enabled by agile business processes and strong supplier performance management, to drive improved business outcomes.
- Support the Strategy Development, Execution and Management – Work with cross-functional teams to create strategies which both deliver quick wins and genuine innovative breakthroughs.
- Support Category Management – Direct responsibility and accountability for the category or categories and respective suppliers regionally and globally.
- Sourcing – organize and directly manage strategic sourcing initiatives (RFI, RFQ, supplier negotiations) for multi-disciplinary teams with digital sourcing tools.
- Contracting – independently negotiate contracts with suppliers with minimal legal support, considering business needs and objectives.
- Supplier Development - Build relationships and manage key suppliers using proven processes to drive the realization of the full value of the key relationships.
- Stakeholder Management, Business Sponsorship, Business partnering – Work in a way that positively engages the support of stakeholders using problem solving and proactive communication skills. Build a keen insight and understanding of business requirements and satisfy business needs.
- Governance from procurement perspective on EPCM projects for Organon engineering with external engineering partners.
- Early, active involvement in cross-functional Capex projects.
- Continuous Improvement – Ensure that supplier relationships are set up for future continuous improvement and to lead review processes which ensures delivery of on-going improvement.
- Market Knowledge, Insight and Subject Matter Expertise - Use thorough market knowledge and data analysis to gain critical insights that drive the selection of sourcing strategies and continuous improvement activities. Actively contribute to long range capital plan budget creation.
- Provide guidance, counsel and leadership to the team and wider organization in matters related to the categories under management.
- Proactive Cost Management - Achieve cost control, cost reduction, and cost containment targets, and add value to area of expenditure through a strong Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) orientation and process management.
- Performance - Deliver ongoing savings as required, as well as meeting the stakeholder business requirements.
- Environment Social & Governance (ESG) - Participate in achieving the organization's ESG goals including but not limited to Supplier Diversity and Sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, supply chain, procurement, engineering or another related field of study (must);
- MBA/master’s degree or another advanced degree/certifications are desirable;
- A solid number of years of work experience in capital procurement or alternatively a combination of experience in engineering projects and experience in procurement;
- Strong communications and influencing skills at senior levels;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a dynamic & high-speed environment and proven ability to effectively prioritize;
- Interest, flexibility, and willingness to manage or lead also other categories, if required;
- Results oriented, strategic vision and business acumen;
- Influencing skills, innovative, analytical, creative and a teamplayer;
- You have strong market knowledge, negotiation skills, supplier management skills and project management skills;
- You are a self starter and action oriented;
- Fluent in English (must) and Dutch (preferred);
- Willingness to travel (10-15% and within Europe).
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Incentive Plan (bonus);
- Commuting allowance;
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates with a diverse background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants.
If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Organon LLC, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Travel Requirements: Organon employees must be able to satisfy all applicable travel and credentialing requirements, including associated vaccination prerequisites10%
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1