PowerWave2 Production Team Leader
Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions division is currently seeking a Team Leader to join our team on 1st shift. This position is based at our Hodges, SC location.
Hourly Rate: Starting at $18.89
The Team Leader will be responsible for supporting the Production Supervisor to drive results on key metrics including safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity. You will model leadership by promoting teamwork, training, and providing proactive resolutions to production needs. You will perform duties in the areas of planning, flexing and motivating the efforts of your team to meet customer requirements/order rates, ensuring that the lean production processes are running as designed and applying continuous improvement of the process to meet our metrics. Exhibits commitment to focus on defining processes and disciplined adherence to the Standard Work for Team Leaders. Directs team and communications with other shifts’ Leaders to ensure smooth hand-offs from shift-to-shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
You will lead the PowerWave2 assembly team to fulfill customer requirements/orders by producing quality products, safely, in a timely manner following Standard Work.
- You will achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory targets through daily and weekly analysis of production data. This data analysis is the basis for improvements in productivity.
- You will be accountable, daily, for checking call-ins (absenteeism) and adjusting labor to make plan; leading the team start-up meetings/tier I; and conducting floor check production start-up.
- You will be responsible for monitoring shift start-ups, ensuring standardized work in your teams’ area, and monitoring all work before and after breaks.
- Review prior day’s production to understand and take required actions on misses and other issues; conduct root-cause corrective actions for all missed targets; and review Team Leaders’ daily task assignments/making new assignments and verifying execution of the team members’ standard work.
- You will drive engagement in safety observations during tier meetings and identify preventative actions to meet our safety goal of zero recordable incidents and conduct regularly scheduled safety audits and training.
- You will take ownership to lead, set direction for change and improvements, and acknowledge and celebrate improvements made by your team.
- You will fill in for operators whenever necessary and are responsible for ensuring operators are trained in all areas of the area they work in.
- Use appropriate lift assist or partner lift when moving material/products. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs and push or pull up to 100 lbs.
What you’ll get from us
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching
- Local referral program
- Safety shoe, safety glasses, and wellness reimbursement programs
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- At least 1 year of leadership experience managing people or project teams.
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent.
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No