Production Painter (1st Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join our 1st Shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
Prepare surfaces for painting, apply powder paint either manually or through use of the automatic mode according to manufacturing specifications, maintain spray booth and spray booth equipment..
In this function you will:
- Set up and operate spray booth. Receive written and/or verbal directions from Supervisor or Paint Line Attendant.
- Assist in the maintenance of the spray booth and its related equipment. Maintain inventory of paint and supplies.
- Utilize tools and equipment in preparing surfaces to be painted by sanding or rubbing as required. Paint interior/exterior of parts with avoidance of runs, blemishes, etc..
- Perform routine operator maintenance on paint guns, mixers, vacuums and other powder paint equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of powder room, paint booth and paint line load / unload area.
- Move and stage parts in and out of work area as needed.
- Keep accurate records and logs as required. (Ex: Statistical Process Control, etc...)
- Operate paint line conveyor system, related treatment tanks, burn off ovens, curing oven, and other related equipment under the direction of the Supervisor or Team Lead.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of this location. Active- Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Two or more years’ experience working in a Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with hand-held measuring devices such as, but not limited to calipers, tape measures, micrometers, paint mil thickness meters, etc...Hand tools will be utilized such as screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, drills, grinders, portable saws, files, power hand tools, drill presses, air-driven hand tools, etc...
- Demonstrated proficiency with drawings and/or blueprints.
- Demonstrated proficiency of general operation and troubleshooting of the equipment.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No