Production Specialist - (On-Call Supplemental)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is hiring part-time on-call Production Specialists to perform multiple manufacturing operations. Some tasks are complex and typically involve the resolution of unusual or difficult problems. A high level of independent judgment and proficiency is required.
Production Specialists are responsible for:
- Effectively utilizing IBM Communities, Lotus Notes and manufacturing/logistics systems to communicate with others and process information and data Learning and applying LEAN concepts to work
- Gaining experience in several department activities and working knowledge of interrelated activities
- Maintaining business relationships with peers, management, support groups, customers and suppliers
- Handling communications in a professional and tactful manner
- Occasionally presenting information to department personnel
- Seeking opportunities for ways to improve communication between shifts, peers and other organizations
- Recommending adjustments or improvements to established procedures and/or processes
- Utilizing specialized tools, techniques, procedures to identify, understand and resolve various job related problems
- Recognizing and tracking effectiveness of solutions to quality problems
- Keeping management and peers informed of reoccurring defects and provides solutions to minimize re-occurrence Identifying quality problems and seeks to resolve them through teamwork
- Continuous improvement is all aspects of responsibilities
- Assuming additional responsibilities as assigned
- This position is for first or second shift.
- This is a part-time on-call supplemental opportunity in which the hours scheduled per week will fluctuate depending on department workload, with more hours during peak periods such as end of month and end of quarter.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge in manufacturing
- Dexterity to handle tools
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- General math skills
- Ability to read and understand instructions, manuals and guides Working knowledge of laptop/desktop
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing position
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM