P/T Water Production (99849)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
This position is part time, 28 hours/per week. 4 days/week
There are 2 open positionsKey Accountabilities
- Under the guidance of management staff, assists in all phases of such as but not limited to remote station operations, plant/membrane operations, and overall systems with the Production Department, where properly trained, or assist within Field Service operations, as required.
- Receive chemicals and materials in accord with established company, state and/or federal safety standards and/or practices.
- Laboratory analysis to confirm accuracy of process control as needed.
- Collect water samples, as directed and in accord with established water quality procedures.
- Perform water treatment tests and evaluate water samples, as directed, to ensure water quality is within established parameters, and, if necessary, adjust treatment processes to insure the integrity of the water supply.
- Perform and/or assist with repairs to, and the maintenance of, equipment and facilities such as, but not limited to, chemical pump cleaning, piping repairs and modifications, cleaning and painting of equipment and structures, machinery lubrication, pump adjustments, equipment analysis and data collection, vibration, temperature, and electrical readings, and analytical water testing equipment.
- Maintain the appearance of water treatment facilities and grounds in accord with Company standards.
- Perform any responsibilities that lies within the capability of the employee based on experience, knowledge, qualifications and training.
- The Part time employee can be assigned to work all or a portion of scheduled hours at any facility.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand the English Language
- Proficient in the use of a computer, a computer mouse and a calculator
- Able to perform basic mathematical and statistical calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and averaging) as well as be able to solve for a single unknown
- Customer Service focused
- Problem solving
- Data collection, interpretation and logging
- Mechanical aptitude
- The Part time employee must possess a working knowledge of basic mechanical tasks.
- The Part time employee must possess a working knowledge of Company policies, procedures, and safety practices as well as state and federal regulations applicable to area of responsibility.
- Capable of operating Company equipment and vehicles necessary for the completion of assigned responsibilities.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Science background a plus
Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Understand and follow Company safety procedures; wear appropriate PPE at all times.
- Adhere to Company dress code.
- Inside and outside work as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions and meet the physical requirements for the position. Physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- Ability to physically withstand the following for long periods of time: walk, stand, climb stairs and sit in a chair.
- Operate manual valves via hand cranks, valve wheels, valve keys and levers.
- May be assigned to perform responsibilities either individually or in conjunction with other employees.
- Maintains professionalism in appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Hours per week shall not exceed Bargaining agreement terms Part time employees shall work schedules as established by Management. These schedules can be changed by giving the employee five (5) days advanced notice of the change, or with less notice if the employee agrees.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.