Senior Production Editor (2104791)
Senior Production Editor - ( 2104791 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson offers dynamic teacher licensing and performance assessment solutions. Our custom teacher licensure testing programs are aligned to state and national standards. We also provide a wide variety of teacher licensure testing services such as test development, administration, and scoring. We work in a collaborative environment and are passionate about education.
The Senior Production Editor is on the staff of the Test Development Services (TDS) department. An individual in this role must be detail oriented and is responsible for conducting copyediting, proofreading, and accuracy checks to deliver high-quality products. This position requires working on multiple projects simultaneously and planning and executing assigned tasks efficiently to meet every deadline with accurate outcomes. Additionally, this team member represents the department in cross-functional meetings and coordinates efforts within the group to meet shared goals.
This position is attached to our Amherst/Hadley, MA office. At this time, staff are working from home; however, when the office reopens, this position is expected to work from this location.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume when applying.
- Copyedits and proofreads test items and supporting documents to ensure content is grammatically accurate, free of typos, and adheres to established guidelines and style sheets
- Ensures accuracy of item content as it is handled throughout the data migration and materials production processes
- Supports migration and conversion of items and images from MS Word documents to database format
- Performs item accounting, ensuring all items are in place
- Performs exam specification validation to ensure accuracy
- Performs database review for accuracy of item structure and item organization as defined by the exam specifications
- Performs technical checks including cross referencing documentation to the functionality and navigation of the CBT and the results files
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date work plans and tracking logs; reports status to management
- Works cooperatively with other departments and vendor partners to meet client-driven deadlines
- Represents department in cross-functional meetings and coordinates project efforts within the team
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Proven copyediting, proofreading, and quality control skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and computer/internet-based navigation
- Ability to master new technology
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of computer-based content management
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with cooperative efforts and being a team player
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously (effectively prioritizing and multi-tasking)
- Experience coordinating efforts of others to meet shared goals
- Bachelor's degree in English is a plus but not required.
MS Office, Adobe Acrobat
Primary Location : US-MA-Hadley
Work Locations :
US-MA-Hadley-300 Venture Way300 Venture Way
Job : Professional Development
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 9, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104791