Production Clerk (2106228)
Production Clerk - ( 2106228 )
Pearson is the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Production Clerk for Pearson Braille Services is involved in numerous aspects of the production process ranging from creating thermoform graphics to binding hard copy tests. This individual will be cross-trained to perform a multitude of functions on the production floor. This role will support ongoing research into the development of tactile materials used in assessments and will provide assistance as needed in support of Pearson programs and services.
- Thermoform high quality braille tactile graphics
- Collate braille tactile graphic copies to ensure proper consecutive order
- Insert braille tactile graphic copies into test booklets and review braille page numbers to ensure proper consecutive order
- Bind braille test booklets and review braille page numbers to ensure proper consecutive order
- Manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and on-schedule
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors/ Mental Demands
- Frequent use of standard office equipment
- Prolonged sitting
- Frequent bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Repetitive hand motions (keyboarding and use of mouse)
- Repetitive shoulder and hip motions (thermoforming)
- Light manual labor required which includes the ability to pack, move, pick-up and relocate boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- May work prolonged and irregular hours
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Maintain emotional control under pressure
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $16.50. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/ Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
High school diploma or GED
- Participate in department technology and braille training/continuing education courses.
- Successfully complete lessons 1-15 of the Unified English Braille Australian Training Manual (2016) .
- Read and become familiar with Sections 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11 of the Braille Formats: Principles of Print to Braille Transcriptions, 2016 .
- Read and become familiar with Units 1-6 of the Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics, 2010 .
Minimum of 2 years of experience in a production or manufacturing environment
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Keyboarding skills
- Intermediate proficiency in the use of software programs related to office operations, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal/teamwork, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Keen attention to detail in all aspects of the job
- Perform all tasks with a sense of urgency
Associate or Vocational degree
Primary Location : US-TX-Houston
Work Locations :
US-TX-Houston-10740 N Gessner10740 N. Gessner Drive
Job : Production/Operations
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Entry Level
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 30, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106228