Production Control Clerk (28469)
This position is responsible for maintaining work scheduling data, work status-to-date, process controls and forecasts completions and computations of various tasks on contract units. Prepares, transfers, systematizes, and preserves both written and computerized communications and records. Gathers and distributes information and accounts for stores of materials.
- Compiles and records production data to compare records and reports on volume of production, consumption of material, quality control, and other aspects of production, performing any combination of the following duties.
- Compiles and records production data from such documents as the customer order, in shop work orders, product specifications, and individual worker production sheets following prescribed recording procedures.
- Calculates such factors as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, amount of scrap, frequency of defects, and worker and department production rates.
- Writes production reports based on data compiled, tabulated and computed, following prescribed formats.
- Maintains files of documents used and prepared.
- Compiles, from specifications, detailed production sheets for use by production workers as guides in assembly, modification or manufacture of products.
- Prepares written work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities.
- Compiles material inventory records and prepares requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies.
- Charts production based on statistics compiled for reference by production and management personnel.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
The work is primarily sedentary with some carrying of computer listings, not requiring unusual physical demands. The work is usually performed in an office setting.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Two (2) years of job-related experience including basic computer operations skills is required.
- Must be able to process routine reports, and must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC), if required.
- Must be willing to work on shifts, weekends.
- Knowledge of the Army War Reserve Deployment System / Maintenance Work Bench (AWRDS/MWB) is preferred.
- Knowledge and certification in GCSS-A (Maintenance and Supply) is preferred.