Production Control Clerk 2.1 (29400)
Purpose: This position is responsible for maintaining work scheduling data, work status-to-date, process controls and forecasts completions and computations of various tasks on contract units. Prepares, transfers, systematizes, and preserves both written and computerized communications and records. Gathers and distributes information and accounts for stores of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Compiles and records production data to compare records and reports on volume of production, consumption of material, quality control, and other aspects of production, performing any combination of the following duties.
- Compiles and records production data from such documents as the customer order, in shop work orders, product specifications, and individual worker production sheets following prescribed recording procedures.
- Calculates such factors as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, amount of scrap, frequency of defects, and worker and department production rates.
- Writes production reports based on data compiled, tabulated and computed, following prescribed formats.
- Maintains files of documents used and prepared.
- Prepares written work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities.
- Compiles material inventory records and prepares requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies.
- Charts production based on statistics compiled for reference by production and management personnel
- Personnel shall possess a functional knowledge of and shall produce evidence of training and/or experience using the Army Supply system.
- Participates in the maintenance planning cycle.
- Ensures compliance with safety directives, appropriate occupational safety and health standards, and applicable industrial safety publications. Those occupational training requirements that require documentation will be annotated on the appropriate records.
- Ensures scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions are entered and completed in the Army War Reserve Deployment System (AWRDS).
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Ensures all personnel understand and follow all Company and Government policies, procedures and directives.
- Ensure all personnel follow all Safety directives for APS-2.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Knowledge of the Army War Reserve Deployment System / Maintenance Work Bench (AWRDS/MWB) is preferred
- Knowledge and certification in GCSS-A (Maintenance and Supply) is preferred.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of maintenance repairs on a variety of equipment. Background in in military production control is a plus.
- Ability to provide information and reports, resolve issues and recommend actions to improve delivery of services to the customers.
- In the absence of the manager, perform those duties as directed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all Logistics Information Management System (LIMS) access requirements (Common Access Card).
- A valid US Driver’s License is required prior to deployment.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Ability to speak German a plus.
- Ability to independently operate with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of logistics and maintenance.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and management skills, including a professional demeanor.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work and communicate with other effectively.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.