Production Associate I - Weekend Full-Time (R449575)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
WHO WE WANT
We are looking for dedicated individuals to help our mission to make healthcare better and to be a part in saving our patients lives! Whether you have experience in Medical Device Manufacturing already, or are excited for a new challenge to build and test the very best Medical Devices on the market, we are looking for reliable, responsible people to join our growing team. If you have a great attention for detail, are a fast learner and ready to make a big impact, we want you to join our growing team at Stryker!
Working in a team environment performing various manufacturing duties to ensure the team meets all goals and objectives. Typical types of work include: UV Bond, packaging, operating and loading machines, measuring, material handling, coating, masking, mixing, blasting and inspection of product or components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and adheres to safety policies and practices to maintain a clean, safe and health conscious work environment.
- Maintains clean room standards per standard operating procedure.
- Is responsible for quality and adherence to manufacturing process requirements.
- Builds product by following all processes in which certified and completing other assigned work, while meeting manufacturing goals and metrics.
- Records information on shop floor paperwork and maintains accurate records.
- Independently complies with signals from Hour by Hour and in-process Kanbans.
- Is willing to flex and rotate as necessary and work well with all group members, both within the team and cross-functionally.
- Records information on shop floor paperwork and maintains accurate records. Maintains up to date training.
- Understands 6S principles for assigned areas.
- Handles, transports, stores, and inspects components and final assembly devices.
- Sets up and operates manufacturing equipment.
- Able to become proficient on more than one job task.
- Red lines documents in need of correction and assist with resolution.
- Executes validation protocols and engineering evaluations with supervision.
- Supports continuous improvements through idea submission and leading assigned projects.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Prefer prior cleanroom or medical device manufacturing experience
- Ability to communicate problems or issues verbally and written in English.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, safely sheets, instructions, and policies in English.
- Ability to carry out verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to work with measuring devices.
- Demonstrated computer skills (ability to navigate email, calendar, online database systems and online training).
- Demonstrated ability to follow processes and has a basic understanding of the technical job duties.
- Ability to conduct basic arithmetic calculations: add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform simple calculations using a calculator.
- High manual dexterity to use tools such as, microscope, soldier iron, tweezers etc.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Education and Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Certified or ability to be certified in primary process.
- May be certified in other processes
- Ability to focus on and see small objects under a microscope
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to focus on detailed work for long periods of time
- Ability to use fingers and hands to manipulate/assemble small tools or objects
- Ability to gown in appropriate PPE for a cleanroom environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to discern colors
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.