Production Lead ( R-00061086 )
Varec is currently looking to add a production lead to our team in Norcross, GA near Atlanta
This position responsible for managing assembly and shipping/receiving activities for Varec. This position coordinates facilities upkeep, repairs and maintenance with the Procurement department. Must ensure production results in high quality products, are cost effective and completed on schedule.
The Production Lead:
- Works directly with production team during assembly and shipping/receiving activities.
- Provides production team a daily activity schedule maintaining an 85% utilization for the team.
- Schedule incoming sales orders in accordance with company guidelines (examples; spare part orders 3 days, complete kits 1 week, etc.).
- Control inventory by the correct posting of BOM’s, maintaining and tracking stock transfers and inventory adjustments as needed.
- Conduct monthly cycle counts and make inventory adjustments as needed.
- Create and maintain all inventory items in Varec ERP System (Navision).
- Oversees shipping and receiving operations, backup for the shipping and receiving administrator.
- Regularly communicates with supervision about the status and progress of the team’s work.
- Manage set up and teardown of areas for special functions as requested by management.
- Assist with yearend physical inventory
- Assists with recruiting, hiring and onboarding for the production staff.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by management.
- Experience with standard office software like Excel and Outlook
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3-5 years of prior relevant experience
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Prior team lead experience
- Experience with ERP software
External referral eligibleExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$2000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:ManufacturingPay Range: