Production Control Clerk (30545)
The Production Control Clerk compiles and records production data for industrial establishments to compare records and reports on volume of production.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Generates work orders, compiles and records production data for industrial establishments to compare records and reports on volume of production, consumption of material, quality control, and other aspects of production.
- May perform any combination of the following duties: compile and record production data from customer orders, work tickets, product specifications, and individual worker production sheets following prescribed recording procedures and using different word processing techniques.
- Calculates such factors as types and quantities of items produced, materials used, amount of scrap, frequency of defects, and worker and department production rates, using a computer, calculator, and/or spreadsheets.
- Writes production reports based on data compiled, tabulated and computed, following prescribed formats, maintains files of documents used and prepared, compiling detailed production sheets or work tickets for use by production workers as guides in assembly or manufacture of products.
- Prepares written work schedules based on established guidelines and priorities, compiles material inventory records and prepares requisitions for procurement of materials and supplies charts production using chart, graph, or pegboard based on statistics compiled for reference by production and management personnel.
- Sorts and distributes work orders or material and may compute hours from employees to generate work order man-hours reports.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year general experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of maintenance and material control procedures.
- Able to analyze maintenance and material data.
- Knowledge of aircraft logbooks, logs and records, and producing daily, weekly, and monthly reports using provided computer systems.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel, must be able to work with multiple sheets, create and manage complex formulas and conditional formatting.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple data collection systems tracking and monitoring data to meet contract requirements
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds
- May work in maintenance shop or outside
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles
- OCONUS: Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions. Must meet requirements of current CENTCOM Modification.
As required in support of task order.Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day