Video Production Specialist ( R-00062006 )
Leidos is looking for a Video Production Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for the artistic creation and technical implementation of the necessary elements to create video projects that incorporate sound adult learning principles. The Video Production Specialist will oversee task completion to facilitate adult learning. In collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs) and other team members, the Video Production Specialist will facilitate and execute a full range of pre-production and postproduction duties, including developing original scripts and storyboards; managing client and team resources; establishing team schedules; incorporating graphic elements and sound; and videotaping and editing finished multimedia products. These products are delivered on a variety of platforms, including classroom audio/visual systems, enterprise learning systems, DVDs, mobile devices, and web.
The Video Production Specialist may also be called on to repurpose video provided by instructors so must be familiar with many different file forms, compression systems, and production platforms including, but not limited to, classroom interactive whiteboards, DVDs, CDs, websites, mobile devices, and enterprise learning systems
- Adhere to customer security policies and procedures regarding the use of customer systems, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Execute diplomacy when working with team members, managers, and customers to identify requirements, develop action plans, and lead video production shoots.
- Track, communicate, and manage all tasks and projects to ensure all assigned tasks are completed on or before the established due date.
- Work with customers and other team members to coordinate resources, prioritize activities, and ensure quality and timely products.
- Work cross functionally with other functional elements, such as instructors and SMEs, as well as IT, video specialists, and production teams, to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Make equipment and software recommendations based on industry best practice and in accordance with customer policies and procedures.
- Archive final projects in accordance with office designated standards.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze client requirements to implement an integrated solution utilizing camera operation and shot composition, elements from the Adobe creative suite or other compositing packages, an industry standard digital nonlinear editing system, and an appropriate format for a range of delivery platforms to provide a finished video production.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Degree in Video Production or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in finished video production including compositing, editing, lighting, and camera in pre-production, production and post-production activities.
- Demonstrated experience operating a diverse range of multimedia, electronic authoring and development tools, and software and platforms for the delivery of products.
- Demonstrated experience using a project tracking mechanism to communicate, coordinate, prioritize, and complete projects on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate project status, interdependencies, and manage priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment across multiple disciplines and promote collaboration, cooperation, networking, and customer service.
- Communication skills in visual, oral, and written form to explain options, recommendations, and rationale to decision makers and stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher.
- Familiarity with Copyright and ADA 508 compliance.