Production Maint Tech II (31787)
Amentum is seeking a Production Maintenance Technician to join our team in Winston-Salem, NC. Typical work hours are rotating 2, 2, 3 shifts 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.; hours may vary based on business demand.
Enjoy working in clean, year-round climate-controlled buildings where Safety is the top priority!
This position assists higher level maintenance technicians in performing preventive maintenance on production related industrial systems, such as CNC machinery, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor, and coolant systems.
- Assists the team with planned preventive maintenance on production machines and equipment.
- Assists the team with planned preventive maintenance of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Conducts planned preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, sump cleanout, etc.
- Performs planned preventive maintenance tasks scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Preform Inspections, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, and associated maintenance tasks.
- May also work on a wide variety of facility related equipment, such as lighting systems, pumps, and motors, etc.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Two years of experience performing electrical and/or mechanical maintenance in a large commercial or industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Associate’s degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC/R, manufacturing technology, or a related technical program.
- Basic mechanical skills, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to facility and production related mechanical equipment.
- Basic understanding of electricity.
- Experience with heating equipment properties, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration theory.
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience safely utilizing a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.