Production Tech II (R455555)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives. We have an award-winning culture and have been named the #1 Best Workplace in Manufacturing in the U.S. by Fortune for 3 years in a row!
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
The Final Processing Production Tech is responsible for daily packaging activities in the Final Processing Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Non-sterile packaging using vision/barcode scanning equipment.
- Sealing operations – blister or pouch.
- Carton and shrink-wrap.
- Create labels via controlled source computer software and label printers.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on department equipment.
- Record data on Device History Records of production products.
- Perform any other necessary task that contributes to the flow of raw material, WIP, and finished goods throughout the shop floor.
Skills, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Customer/service orientation
- Problem Solving - Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Communication- written, verbal, and active listening
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent required
- 0-1 year manufacturing experience
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- JDE and Microsoft applications preferred.
- Brand/industry understanding preferred
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/