Senior Production and Systems Engineer (Video)
We are currently hiring for a Senior Production and Systems Engineer (Video)! The Production & Systems Engineer (Video) coordinates with production, designs and maintains broadcast workflow for both studio and live remotes. The SPSE is an experienced television engineer who supports live studio productions, all postproduction workflows, and infrastructure upgrades. This individual is responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. An important component of the network’s programming is the integration of over 2000 hours of live feeds from around the world. A large portion of our live events occur during the early morning or overnight shifts with a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on a large variety of computer and electronic devices in-house or at remote locations; including but not limited to video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment, HD cameras, Fiber/ copper encoding, decoding and streaming equipment.
- Maintains broadcast computer-based equipment software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the production facility.
- Trains and mentors Engineering team on Production Control rooms and Master Control.
- Responds to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after normal business hours).
- Keeps software versions up to date, ensures software license compliance and follows all corporate directives for IT security.
- Demonstrates consistently a high standard of Engineering practices including observes OSHA safety rules, installs new equipment using CAD drawings and elevations, intuitive cable management and labeling, submits updates to Engineering documentation, and creates user SOP’s.
- Assists and advises in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations.
- Maintains flexible hours during live remotes throughout the year.
- May be required to travel to different remote locations throughout the year to support our remote productions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in broadcast television
- Strong leadership and exceptional communication skills
- 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
- Knowledge of live studio and remote workflows relating to live broadcasts, including signal delivery systems.
- Experience designing and installing remote and studio equipment to improve workflows
Join the exciting world of Live Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Bally Sports West is home to wide-ranging world of sports based on the west coast.