Senior Production Support Engineer ( 590581-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us.
Responsible for operations support of various notification, reporting and ticketing systems. You will be working with the development teams to gain knowledge of the applications and provide on going support of the system.
You will also be responsible for 24*7 production support of mission critical applications The role requires expertise with both Linux and Windows operating environments. The role will involve deploying code/packages in production and non-production environment, updating C programs as required, prepare task plans, and follow change management process. Work with application Development, Sys Admins, DBAs and peer IT groups. As part of the 24*7 job requirement, may need to work after normal business hours and some weekends to support releases and outages. You will join crisis/outage bridges when paged. Provide resolution to issues and mitigate problems proactively. You will function with limited direction and guidance, and diagnose extremely technical and challenging problems within the systems. You will accurately assess problems and if necessary communicate the problem information to peers, support group and HW/OS vendors. You will work in a team environment, demonstrate leadership skills, and follow established business processes and procedures.
- Creating the Jenkins pipeline for automating the build of the environment.
- Create Ansible playbooks, Cloudformation templates.
- Logging and monitoring setup, maintaining health checks.
- Day to day application support, monitoring and system administration of applications running on Linux, Windows and on Oracle/memsql Database.
- 24*7 support for mission critical applications, requires occasionally working after normal business hours and weekends to support releases, application issues and outages.
- DevOps engagement to drive CI/CD in the build and deployment of applications using tools like Jenkins and Ansible.
- Automating manual processes.
- Problem (break/fix) analysis & remediation.
- Supporting ESRI ArcGIS server installation and Windows server administration and support.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in scripting language such as BASH, Perl, Ruby or Python.
- Experience to include hands-on development and production support.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies.
- Willingness to travel.
- DevOps and CI/CD process implementation using JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Project Management skills- knowledge of excel, jira.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick and solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Experience in leading small to medium sized projects.
- Coding experience - java, json.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).