Manager Production Maintenance (R1556976-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Position: Manager Production MaintenanceLocation: Manati - PR
- Assures completion of all production maintenance activities (e.g., p.m.’s, pdm’s, work orders, safety inspection, area projects, day-to-day equipment and systems support) for the site by coordinating maintenance services with other operations leaders and planning personnel.
- Participates in Manufacturing Alignment Teams as the engineering department representative. Supports compliance with production and packaging schedules.
- Creates, identifies and implements new and innovative ideas/technologies for the successful development of business opportunities.
- Identifies and implements initiatives to improve business efficiencies.
- Develops new systems, practices and procedures to enhance the performance of the business.
- Facilitates change through creative technical solutions that are grounded in a realistic assessment of what can be achieved
- Ensures documentation of all maintenance activities is completed using MAXIMO Program.
- Reviews and develops FMEAs or FMECAs, Root Cause Analysis and Maintenance Plans based on reliability for all manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews and develops required equipment spare parts list to assure minimum equipment repair time.
- Reports performance metrics (e.g. in a monthly basis such as equipment mean time to repair and mean time to failure) and provide/execute corrective actions plans.
- Originates Change Control, Quality Events and CAPA related documentation and ensures its early completion.
- Troubleshoots routine and unusual technical / administrative problems.
- Ensures that all operations in all areas of responsibility comply with federal and local regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA, EPA, FDA, EMEA, etc.).
- Ensures that all areas and the environment where maintenance jobs are performed are audited and in compliance with BMS EHS policies and procedures.
- Prepares weekly reports (e.g., highlights on area performance, budget, etc.).
- Authorizes purchases for the parts and services required in the production and packaging areas in accordance to budget.
- Supervises technicians assigned to the production maintenance areas (performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, training/development attendance approvals, etc.) and ensures they are skillfully performing assigned work orders and troubleshooting and properly documenting it.
- Assess and prepare development training in target areas in order to increase technician’s proficiency in current technology and assignments (e.g. FMEA/FMECA documents, RCA (root cause analysis), etc.)
- Prepares work schedules and match employees with the required skill set for the jobs to be accomplished.
- Prioritizes the use of resources to most effectively achieve business goals and within budget.
- Deals effectively with internal and external sources.
- Handles Hazardous Waste, as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical
- Five (5) years experience in the operation/maintenance of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment (e.g. e.g. Aseptic Processing Equipment, Isolators & Lyophilization Process Equipment, OSD ).
- Broad knowledge of relevant governmental regulations, cGMPs and guidelines pertaining to a biopharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
- Ability to provide support during external and internal regulatory audits (FDA, EMEA, Otsuka, Sanofi, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot problems for highly technical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret complex mechanical, pneumatic and electrical blueprints. In addition, general knowledge in automated equipment functionality and architecture.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, both written and verbal and ability to read technical English and equipment manuals
- Ability to understand and use basic computer software packages like Excel, Word, Power Point, Internet, etc. Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork oriented, able to work under pressure with subordinates, peers, management and clients.
- Self-starter and initiative to undertake/execute activities with minimum supervision.
- Ability to review SOPs and work instructions
- Flexible and responsible
- Significant ability and aptitude to analyze data detecting inconsistencies, determining relative importance and to solve complex technical situations based on data
- Self-starter and well organized and have the capacity to interact effectively with people
- Ability to keep work pace and/or meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotative shifts, weekends and holidays
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.