Manager of Production and Transportation Compliance (2209411)
Manager of Production and Transportation Compliance (Job Number: 2209411 )
This position manages the production and transportation activity for 60,000 new Penske vehicles procured throughout the year. Key elements are ensuring on-time build and delivery of each unit in order to mitigate negative revenue impact, and negotiating with transportation companies on pricing and priority of Penske moves. This role will serve as a lead with Transporters, Original Equipment Manufacturers, Suppliers, Corporate departments, and field associates as it relates to production and transportation activity.
Production and OEM Delivery:
- Manage all OEM’s and Suppliers build schedules and their effectiveness of on-time production and OEM delivery
- Set Penske expectations, challenge late builds, and make improvements.
- Understand, own, and use data to drive process improvements with OEM's and Suppliers.
- Manage and ensure on time delivery with 3rd party transporters to final destination. (Final mile, Remarketing, Rental Corp, Field Reposition needs)
- Establish and Negotiate pricing and annual agreements with 20 3rd party transporters.
- Establish relationship, set exceptions, and ensure on time delivery with transporters.
- Monitor, support and ensure on time rental build, delivery, and WIP impact.
- Rental Metrics for rental team, field and leadership.
- Preposition plan with transporters.
- Provide performance management and development to department staff
- Conducting quarterly and annual reviews
- Associate appreciation
- Team Building and Coaching
- Own OEM/Supplier relationship with Penske
- Manage Missing Information, MSO delivery, Liftgate ordering, No Destination units, Customer Supplied Items, and resolve Invoicing issues to support internal departmens and hold suppliers accountable
- Work with IT to develop system improvements to support production, delivery, SMC, and EDI/SFTP processes.
- Know, run and analyze data as well as create metrics to manage suppliers, make decisions and drive change.
- Support WIP review with Accounting
- Cross Border Activity & California Transfers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, concentration in Business Management / Admin, Supply Chain preferred.
- Black Belt preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in Transportation industry or Supply Chain required
- 5 years Analytical Experience - running, owning, using data to make decisions and drive change.
- 3 years’ experience negotiating agreements or decisions
- Supplier interaction skills
- Strong persuasive skills
- Proficiency in communication and ability to interact at all levels
- Industry knowledge of light, medium and heavy specifications
- Decision making and delegation skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to undertake Contract negotiation
- Ability to perform Data Analysis
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :2675 Morgantown Rd 2675 Morgantown Rd
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Product Compliance & Reliability Manager
Req ID: 2209411