Production Floor Manager
The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for a Production Floor Manager to work in Vista, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience managing the production assembly, fabrication of materials, and test operations of existing and developing product lines. Existing areas of work support the low-rate production of products to include handheld detectors to aid law enforcement and interdiction personnel, X-ray imaging systems, and various types of sensor systems. Emphasis is on production, product development and transitioning products to production.
- Managing production assembly, fabrication of materials, test operations including set-up calibration and operation of machines used in the production process, and manufacturing engineering.
- Ensure that high-quality manufacturing production operations happen on schedule and within the cost objective.
- Leads, directs, and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Coordinates with materials, program manager, and hourly personnel.
- Direct supervisor for hourly assemblers, technicians, and temps. Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance, and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Experience in root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- BS and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of manufacturing or production processes, projects, and tactics within the production environment.
- Has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific electrical or mechanical manufacturing setting.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Some technical/troubleshooting background a plus.
- B.S. degree or higher
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.