Eaton’s Industrial Aerospace Sector, Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Production Manager (1st shift) on to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Production Manager for Metal Forming on day shift is responsible for directing the daily activities and development of 30-40 hourly employees, a salaried Front-Line Leader on 2nd shift, and a salaried Chemist. This role is responsible for developing the production operation plan, driving operations excellence and building organizational capability to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Cost and Culture objectives. The driving focus will be the successful achievement of department objectives through effective deployment of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and continuous improvement of key processes.
This position is the backup to the Value Stream Manager. They will partner closely with a cross-functional team in the development of processes to achieve a zero-incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs and through these improvements exceed the customers’ expectations and on time delivery.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone around you.
- Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, ELSS, EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC)
- Utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance. Direct day-to-day activities in production areas, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Lead cross-functional Continuous Improvement Teams for areas of responsibility, championing teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate. Manager priority on shared functional resources to achieve business needs
- Forecast labor hours, schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan
- Prepare reports and present CI Team data and activities to Beltsville Plant Leadership Team
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Leadership Attributes & Aspirational Goals. Empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment. Ensure work is exciting, meaningful and engaging for your team.
- Coordinate training and development for hourly team members, as well as providing coaching and oversight to dotted-line functional team members. Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met
- Additional responsibilities as assigned including periodic weekend supervision
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Operations/Manufacturing.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in United States without company sponsorship.
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Beltsville facility will be considered.
- Two (2) years of manager of people experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in Operations/Manufacturing in Aerospace.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Ability to read, write and converse using the English language.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes (safety, environmental, assembly, gauging, AS9100).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and influence management skills.
- Must be able to establish priorities and balance multiple objectives.
- Computer Skills: demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, familiarity with MRP systems.
- May require weekend work.
What you’ll get from us:
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No