Senior Manager – Supply Chain Planning & Sourcing Technology
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a key member of the CSG Supply Chain senior management team, this position will lead a team responsible for the supply chain functional and product experts, while partnering with technical platform team. This includes ownership of projects or programs or products within supply chain e2e planning and sourcing, new product introduction, supply chain master data, supplier collaboration, inventory management, and S&OP for multiple partners. The role requires a transformational and agile mindset with the ability to turn complex ideas and requirements into cutting-edge solutions that delivers business value. The position will have vendor, customer, and senior leadership facing interactions, requiring strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership in design, implementation and operation of the end-to-end planning and sourcing application suite in the areas of Source-to-Contract, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, S&OP, Inventory Management, etc.
- Partner closely with cross-CIO organization and Line of Business teams (VCG, VBG, Network) on product life cycle, agile delivery, business acceptance, product quality, and triage management.
- Actively drive ideation to concept and concepts to detail requirement growing with business.
- Build business case and estimate, clearly set expectation with business on scope and timeline.
- Lead solution architecture and design sessions with functional and technical platform teams.
- Establish a cadence to communicate business product development status for critical programs to senior leadership.
- Co-lead with Platform team on multiple test environments including SIT, UAT and E2E to ensure maximum availability.
- Be a champion for Agile and DevSecOps practices.
- Apply AI/ML techniques to optimize the scope, scale and efficiency.
- Manage product management staff ensuring short-medium-long term roadmap plan.
- Leverage automation/RPA to eliminate manual processes and activities across the supply chain value chain.
- Act as an escalation point for client services.
- Partner with other product managers and development leadership as well as the executive team to prioritize product initiatives, track KPIs and manage outcomes.
- Foster the culture of inclusion, innovation, and integration while stay current with emerging technologies and take rational risk in implementing those technologies to deliver ROI.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Supply Chain Technology and ERP domain,
- Experience in one or more SAP platforms (e.g., Ariba, IBP, CAR, SAP/HANA).
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in project or product management or a related discipline.
- Agile certification.
- Knowledge of Big Data concepts and experience in executing large-scale performance testing with full data load.
- Technical product life cycle management experience.
- Experience with E2E Supply Chain processes (e.g., Sourcing, Planning, Procurement, Inventory Management).
- Experience in Supply Chain Logistics, warehouse management and automation, Shipping and 3PL integration/management.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, absorb, and analyze information quickly and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative, set priorities, and perform tasks with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to develop and manage cross-functional processes and project timelines.
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Continuous focus on improving software quality and predictability of releases.
- Good background in DevOps tool chain (e.g., JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory).
- Excellent communication skills to present complex ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Five or more years of experience as a people leader.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.