Senior Manager - SAP (IBP-CAR) Supply Chain Planning
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group (CSG) is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support ERP (Enterprise Resource Platform) activity for Verizon Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain, HR and Payroll.
As a Senior Manager for IBP Planning you will partner with business stakeholders, development managers to develop and execute the product road map for large-scale, complex planning programs with significant impact to Verizon. In this role you will focus on supply chain logistics processes in the areas of inventory planning, demand planning, S&O, supply chain planning, control tower. This role will also work closely with senior leadership and peers across Verizon’s Global Technology Services (GTS) and the Global Supply Chain business (GSC) organization.
- Leading medium and large IBP planning projects, executing all approved deliverables on time and on budget.
- Developing the technology product roadmap which supports the business strategies such as IBP Planning, and other strategic transformation programs to drive cutting-edge experiences, revenue growth, and cost optimization.
- Building a strong data and analytics framework to track KPIs, Operational Metrics and other critical data sets to ensure process transparency and SC planning visibility.
- Leading client requirements gathering and market research to develop industry leading technology roadmaps with an aligned multi-year investment portfolio.
- Leadership in functional design, implementation, and support of the end-to-end ERP application in the areas of planning.
- Helping define business requirements, lead the design and implementation process, test application capabilities, and train other team members and business users.
- Working with the end-user community to improve business processes and procedures.
- Defining and re-engineering business systems or information technology processes by using appropriate methods and tools and partnering with process owners to understand requirements.
- Working closely with the Platform Services team to assure a timely solution according to the specifications and implementation of business needs.
- Leading within a shared team to execute, status, and resolve Functional Unit (FUT), Integrated (ITC), and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) issues.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience IN SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Customer Activity Repository (CAR) and SAP HANA DB, SAP suite of products.
- Experience in SAP IBP planning modules Strategic Planning, Demand Planning, Response and Supply Planning, Inventory Planning, Control Tower, JAM for model configuration and customization.
- Experience in about SAP MRP & GATP process in order to narrow down gating factor and pegging issues due to Demand prioritizations and allocations in Order Based Planning.
- Experience in one or more full lifecycle SAP planning IBP/CAR implementations.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Agile delivery expertise in an ERP landscape.
- Ability to analyze SAP road maps along with market trends to determine their potential impact to current systems.
- Experience in IBP integration with other systems as ERP, S/4, CAR, APO, BI, CPI-DS, and Ariba.
- Experience in using emerging technologies such as AI/ML, RPA in developing corporate planning solutions.
- SAP Supply Chain technical and functional architecture and data modeling skills along with new and emerging SAP capabilities.
- Experience in business analysis, developing and measuring KPIs and managing projects.
- Telecommunications experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.