Production Supervisor (121161)
Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a Third Shift Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Pinckneyville, IL facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for coordinating production activities and leading hourly employees to meet customer requirements while providing a safe work environment. This role also establishes and maintains a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton’s Values, Ethics and Philosophies. This position clearly communicates expectations and consistently holds self and employees accountable for performance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Champion, coach recognize and motivate employees to utilize Continuous Improvement tools to exceed safety, cost, productivity, quality, morale and delivery targets
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to continuous improvement manufacturing; recommend alternatives for improving production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions
- Champion manufacturing team in achieving production schedule goals and exceeding customer expectations
- Drive activities to reduce past due, scrap, and overtime cost while meeting safety and quality objectives
- Conduct process checks within areas of responsibility and monitor performance to establish standard work formats and daily accountability
- Maintain and consistently administer local policies to meet day to day operating requirements. Ensure that all regulatory standards and company policies are understood, supported and followed on the production floor
- Promote positive employee relations to ensure success within the manufacturing environment while indenting and implementing improvement opportunities
- Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support functions to ensure process capability & improvement through measuring and monitoring performance and root cause problem solving
- Coordinate job training and provide training resources within the department
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (internship/co-op experience included).
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of our Pinckneyville, IL will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisor experience.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques in a production environment.
- Experience using problem solving tools.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of production planning techniques.
- Experience in driving continuous improvement activities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time