Production Supervisor (121820)
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Front-Line Leader to join our team at Innovative Switchgear Solutions. This position is based at our Dacono, CO facility.
Position Overview: The Production Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of the manufacturing operation and hourly employees. This individual will lead the manufacturing team in achieving production schedule, product quality, productivity, and employee safety goals. In this role, you will also coordinate with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements, and drive performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. The individual will also be responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing tools within the manufacturing operation while motivating the team to create a high-performance culture.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Direct manufacturing personnel to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Assess performance indicators, and take appropriate actions, to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity goals are met.
- Ensure that required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system, and financial (SAP) reporting requirements.
- Assure that policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product.
- Provide leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Assure that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship.
- Evaluate operational performance of the group to facilitate performance management, commendations, and improvements.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, scheduling, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Specify job assignments for manufacturing personnel, and monitor performance to achieve product delivery and cost requirements.
- Coordinate and assist with manufacturing initiatives, participate on teams to drive best practices across manufacturing.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts throughout the facility.
- Lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton corporation policies and plant policies.
- Identify critical machine/processes for set-up reduction and reduce set-up times.
- Develop and implement standardized work for all critical processes in the assembly and test work cells.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Minimum one (1) year of leadership experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- 3-5 years’ supervisory experience.
- Thorough understanding of lean manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Previous experience with SAP and Kronos.
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Change management initiatives and implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends as necessary
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $77,200 - $106,150 a year.
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time