Production Supervisor - 1st shift Fabrication
Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Production Supervisor – 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the 1st shift welding and paint areas in an efficient manner through the utilization of the resources available and to provide the highest customer service levels possible.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager in planning and maintaining the appropriate workforce to meet our production demand.
- Plan, organize and direct the work assignments for assigned production members.
- Maintain a high level of morale through positive employee relations and leading by example.
- Maintain a safe and orderly workplace that also meets all State and Federal regulations.
- Ensure employees receive effective and timely training in safe work practices.
- Perform job task observations to detect and correct unsafe acts.
- Provide documentation of all disciplinary actions taken against employees who violate health and safety rules.
- Facilitate employee involvement in development, implementation and updating of health and safety plans and procedures.
- Perform timely investigation of accidents, identification of root cause and rapid correction of contributing factors. Communicate commitment to health and safety.
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety by making safety a priority in daily site operations; participating in site health and safety activities; participating in health and safety training; ensuring that adequate resources are provided.
- Monitor, train, evaluate and maintain an acceptable level of performance for all employees while maintaining the highest level of product quality and customer service.
- Assist in setting goals and objectives for employees and conducting mid-year and end of year performance reviews.
- Maintain close working relationships with support departments to insure effective solutions to process or product problems.
- Develop and implement operational changes to support Eaton philosophy, ELSS, EQS and MESH in all production areas.
- Work closely with other shift(s) to insure a smooth transition between shifts.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels and keep the transaction accuracy within compliance to accounting policy.
- Ability to prioritize multiple machine schedules to ensure final product is delivered to customers on time.
- Ability to run various production and inventory reports to help set the landscape for the day to come.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Cleveland, TN facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Understanding of Lean Principles
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
- Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level executive team.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time