Production Supervisor - Second Shift
Eaton’s Commercial Residential and Distributions Solutions Division (CRDS) is seeking a Second Shift Production Supervisor for its Marina Power and Lighting (MP&L) operation. This position is based at our Williamsburg, Virginia facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading manufacturing operations on second shift for steel fabrication, assembly, paint, and packaging. Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor will plan, organize, direct, and control all facets of the manufacturing operations to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational expectations. Additional responsibilities include execution of defined safety management system, drive quality improvements, develop a qualified workforce, and reduce operating costs, inventories, and lead times through continuous improvements. In addition to achieving financial targets and High 5 metrics, the Operations Manager will also leverage EBS and CIF tools to drive long term improvements to Marina Power and Lighting.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Plan and coordinate the manufacture of orders through the production cycle to continuously maintain on time delivery of products as demanded by customers
- Assist in the selection, training, and development of production personnel including performance management and coaching
- Deploys Eaton Lean System (ELSS) and Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) initiatives in all production areas, and ensures quality systems are followed and executed in accordance with the Eaton Quality System (EQS) and other regulatory agencies.
- Supports new capital or capital improvement needs required for process improvements, cost reductions, quality improvements or new products by facilitating value stream map reviews.
- Deploy action plans and objectives from the operations strategic plan and cascade objectives throughout production work force
- Foster a zero-incident safety culture through deployment of environment, health, and safety (MESH) initiatives and safety-focused leadership
- Establish and monitor safety and housekeeping standards.
- Perform other duties as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in operations and/or in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Williamsburg, VA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- One (1) or more years of supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of electrical power distribution and controls products
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Tools and Principles (Six Sigma/ Green or Black Belt)
- Experience in ISO certified manufacturing environment and familiarity with ISO process
- Management and leadership experience in cross functional environment
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCad, BidManager, AS400, and Vista, MAPICs
- Strong interpersonal skills used for review, motivation, development and reinforcement of standards and polices for direct reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work simultaneously through prioritization and time management skills is critical to job success
- Ability to think strategically and make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Strong conflict management skills
- Action oriented
- Process management focus
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No