Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for driving processes in their designated department through the Eaton Business Systems. In this role, you will assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager in the development of processes to achieve a zero-incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery and reduce overall costs. Through these improvements, you will exceed the customers’ expectations by making sure that the organizational decision making is based on a process-oriented culture- to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will:
- Drive a Zero Incident Safety Culture
- Align department requirements with Eaton’s Quality Management System
- Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements to meet on-time delivery for our customers
- Execute Eaton’s Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF): Create the basis for continuous improvement by ensuring that standardized processes are followed. Empower employees to improve the standard work and implement countermeasures when needed.
- Promote a team environment and develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets and other cross-training opportunities. You will facilitate cooperation across shifts and among other department supervisors
- Assist Management Team in determining personnel requirements, provide necessary training resources for new employees, and facilitate the job bidding process.
- Monitor and provide employee coaching with respect to safety, quality and productivity performance (attendance, training, coaching, overtime, vacation requests etc.)
- Assign daily work schedules and review in-process inventory reports to ensure alignment to business goals
- Lead daily accountability meetings with a cross-functional team focused on departmental performance and issue resolution. Lead weekly department meetings to communicate safety topics, department or plant-wide activities, business updates and policy/procedural changes as needed
- Monitor machinery, equipment and facility, and initiate maintenance work orders as required to ensure efficient and safe working conditions. Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from other support functions (e.g. Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain etc.)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or actively enrolled in a bachelor's degree program from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (ie Word, Excel) and SAP
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing operation and quality methods
- Thorough understanding and leading of lean manufacturing technologies and processes
Position Success Criteria :
- Conflict resolution experience and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage priorities and crisis situations
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time