- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Ensure work is carried out as per plan and completed as per standard recommended practices;
- Manages the daily operation of Production Crews;
- Leadership accountability for inputs and outputs of safety, service, productivity and financial metrics.
- Determines production expectation of utility type work;
- Implement continuous improvement opportunities for utility type work;
- Provide updates for track block requirements;
- Ensure work completed as per current standard practices and regulations;
- Monitors production of crew and analyzes expectations, ensuring compliance to current instructions;
- Work with Manager Track Renewal to ensure work is completed within budgetary guidelines;
- Ensures employees are performing inspections of vehicles and equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 5 years supervisory type experience;
- Understanding of ES Field operations and Track programs;
- Field leadership experience;
- Ability to process information from various sources;
- Understanding project management and scheduling methods;
- Rules qualified;
- Demonstrated computer skills word and excel;
- Organizational and people leadership;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history
- Social Security number verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.