Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s IS AER MSD division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $62250.03 - $91300.04 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) is responsible for managing cell capacity to ensure customer needs and production plans are met. Assist in coordinating resource allocations with other Production Supervisors to achieve company-wide shipment goals. Promote and participate in continuous improvement through lean manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible to enforce safety policies and promote Environmental, Health, and Safety as part of everyday activities
• Participate in product team production meetings
• Create level loaded production plan for cells
• Manage cell capacity including technicians and equipment
• Work with Material Planner to ensure production material requirements are understood and can be supported
• Monitor technician output: scraps, NCR’s, audit failures, and rework
• Assign floor team overtime as needed
• Create a cross training/hardware matrix as necessary to ensure OTD
• Cross train technicians within floor team
• Conduct and assist in performance reviews and discussions for technicians
• Leads by example in work ethic, attitude, and following work policies
• Ensure compliance of the certified operator system, the training of new operators, and to maintain the accuracy of the training matrix
• Lead daily meetings to coordinate cell efforts and provide leadership in A&T
• Ownership of work policy enforcement, which includes disciplinary discussions and documentation as necessary
• Maintain performance management KPIs and board and participate in performance management meetings
• Support Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts in production cells and Lead 5S efforts
- Minimum of an Associates Degree and 4 years’ experience as a Production Supervisor, Production Support Technician, or Team leader OR Minimum 8 years of manufacturing experience AND 3 years’ experience as a Production Supervisor, Production Support Technician, or Team leader.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation is not provided – candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Eaton Orchard Park, NY facility.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Ability to troubleshoot product and process related issues
- Working knowledge in Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One piece Flow, and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, coaching, personal computing, capacity management, performance management skills
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree
• Proficiency in Oracle Operating System
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.