Production Supervisor (Static Transfer Switch) 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a 1st Shift Production Supervisor (Static Transfer Switch). This position is based at our Richmond, VA facility.
Relocaiton will be offered!
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77,249 - $113,299 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The 1st Shift Production Supervisor is responsible for directing and coordinating the manufacturing/production activities to achieve maximum productivity at minimum cost, while maintaining world class levels Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. In this role, you will assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager in the development of processes to achieve a zero-incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery and reduce overall costs. Through these improvements, you will exceed the customers’ expectations by making sure that the organizational decision making is based on a process-oriented culture to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Drive a Zero Incident Safety Culture. Align department requirements with Eaton’s Quality Management System. Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements to meet on-time delivery for our customers
- Execute Eaton’s Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF): Create the basis for continuous improvement by ensuring that standardized processes are followed. Empower employees to improve the standard work and implement countermeasures when needed.
- Promote a team environment and develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets and other cross-training opportunities. You will facilitate cooperation across shifts and among other department supervisors
- Assist Management Team in determining personnel requirements, provide necessary training resources for new employees, and facilitate the job bidding process. Monitor and provide employee coaching with respect to safety, quality and productivity performance (attendance, training, coaching, overtime, vacation requests etc.)
- Assign daily work schedules and review in-process inventory reports to ensure alignment to business goals
- Lead daily accountability meetings with a cross-functional team focused on departmental performance and issue resolution (Tier, GEMBA). Lead weekly department meetings to communicate safety topics, department or plant-wide activities, business updates and policy/procedural changes as needed
- Maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders.
- Communicate production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
- Serve as a central point of contact for management in regard to production issues in one’s functional area.
- Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from other support functions (e.g. Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain etc.)
- Assign overtime as required to meet production schedules.
- Evaluate qualifications and performance of team members based upon Division and Plant policies.
- Ensure that department work areas are kept clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution and a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Lean fundamental understanding
- Excellent communications skills – verbal, written and electronic
- Strong Computer / systems skills – Microsoft office products, ERP / MRP
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong accountability focus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.