Production Supervisor, Semiconductors- 2nd Shift (130369641)
- Works with a sense of urgency that enables production schedules to be met while minimizing unnecessary costs related to downtime and labor and material variances; and without jeopardizing the health and safety of the general workforce and/or the quality and accuracy of production and without violating established work standards and ISO
- Provides recognition to employees. Ensures training is provided for effective performance. Proactively addresses issues with employee with supportive documentation. Adheres to Company policies and procedures. Conducts timely performance reviews. Coordinates effective delegation of work assignments and training. Conducts shift meetings at a minimum of once per day, preferably at shift change over.
- Assists in training manufacturing personnel in the operation of new and existing equipment and processes. Assists in resolving problems or concerns that arise during the manufacturing process.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area. Wears required Personal Protective Equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner and observes approved safety procedures. Communicates potential hazards immediately to supervisor.
- Engages in providing a safe working environment for the employees by actively participating in and encouraging the employees to participate in the Safety, Ergonomics and Environmental (SEE). Committee, and other company sponsored safety programs.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks as assigned in support of the larger organization and production goals
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances in a timely manner
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine operators and other direct labor.
- Responsible for successful execution of production orders by defining equipment and employee schedules, defining priorities and ensuring consistent workflow between shifts. Will work collaboratively with other production supervisors, engineering, quality and maintenance to avoid any delays.
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitors the accuracy of documentation and electronic transactions to ensure the accuracy of work order and inventory records.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments, cells or value steams.
- Monitor materials, products, or equipment to detect defects, malfunctions and assess problems with the help of Quality, Eng, maintenance and purchasing.
- High school education required and 5 years of experience in a machine shop, coatings lab or assembly environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory work experience. Hands-on experience required and will be expected as a routine part of the position.
- Ability to read, understand and write effective work instructions and perform math computations and computer data entry.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge, familiarity with SAP or other comparable ERP systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, walk and stand during entire shift.
- Good visual ability to detect quality defects and quality mindset.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required.
- E-Chuck and coating experience would be a plus