C Shift Production Supervisor (130814557)
The Production Supervisor position is responsible and accountable for achieving departmental production requirements by focusing on safety, quality, and cost, through supervision of staff and through the coordination of scheduling and work flow. Provides staff training, guidance and motivation, ensures that work instructions are maintained and are followed. Helps to instill a culture where teamwork, innovation, and accountability are of the highest importance. Works closely with the Production and Engineering Managers and support team resources to ensure seamless communication across the production shifts.
- Ensures safe work practices and works with EHS to train and elevate culture of safety within team. Monitors work area and employees’ performance for adherence to safety procedures, work restrictions, cleanliness expectations and all potential hazards.
- Ensures staff training is provided for effective performance. Addresses issues with staff with supportive documentation. Adheres to Company policies, procedures, and applicable budget requirements. Conducts timely employee performance reviews.
- Communicate effectively to the team regarding goals and expectations as well as with other supervisors, engineers and management to ensure operations is one cohesive unit
- Ensures expected output of quality products is achieved. Assists in investigating and evaluating quality defects as assigned and in determining appropriate actions to be taken. Assists with investigation of CARs; and the recommending and implementing of solutions to improve quality of products. Assists in writing document change orders and manufacturing instructions. Assists in identifying and recommending procedures for scrap reduction.
- Promotes the use of Lean / Sigma Manufacturing concepts including SPC, Kanban materials management and 6s
- Uses PDCA, visual management, schedule attainment, KANBAN, and daily improvements to monitor and adjust production requirements and resources to ensure on time shipment. Implements and monitors continuous quality improvement activities including waste and cost reduction, equipment and tool efficiencies and human resource planning.
- Provides daily work direction to team members and acts as first point of contact regarding any issues that may arise on shift, including but not limited to, safety incident, quality, personnel, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Five years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Good organizational and planning skills, communication skills and ability to adapt to workforce, work environment and customer needs.
- Experience with six sigma methodologies