Production Supervisor, Life Sciences (130537741)
The Production Supervisor will be supervising 3 distinct areas: NowPak, Life Sciences and Accessories. This role will be responsible for administration of the Direct and Indirect Labor associated with the manufacturing processes within our Bloomington facility.
This is a C shift position. Hours are Thursday/Friday – Sunday 2PM-2AM.
- Coach and mentor non-exempt production employees to ensure operating at a level consistent with our customer’s needs and Entegris’ quality standards.
- Evaluate labor and machine capacity to accommodate customer demand and making changes if necessary.
- Support organizational goals through Safety, Quality (DPPM), cost, and delivery.
- Establish an environment of employee recognition, accountability, and responsibility in support of organizational goals.
- Consistent review of labor/machine utilization to optimize productivity and manage cost.
- Work directly with the Manufacturing Manager to improve manufacturing processes and implement an agile profile able to accommodate fluctuations in demand. Responsible for performing to established targets on all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Promotes a safe culture, the implementation of safe work practices, and involvement in the S.E.E. committee ensuring safety of employees and visitors within company
- Monitors work area and employees’ performance for adherence to safety procedures, work restrictions, cleanliness and potential hazards
- Implements and monitors continuous quality improvement activities including waste and cost reduction, equipment and tool efficiencies and labor planning
- Ensures production methods result in quality products; assists in root cause and corrective action activities in partnership with Quality and Engineering
- Collaborates with production schedulers to ensure capacity, labor and production plans in alignment with customer demand to meet lead time requirements
- Performs performance management of direct reports; sets clear expectations and drives adherence; develops and cultivates talent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred & 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Prior Production Supervisor experience with a focus on Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma
- Experience in working in shift supervision-Early mornings, late evenings in support of various shift models
- A desire to optimize productivity with minimizing cost
- A can-do attitude expressing accountability, responsibility, and aspiration to continuously improve