Production Supervisor (100088)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Virginia American Water serves about 9,300 residential, commercial and industrial customers (connections) in our Hopewell District, which includes the City of Hopewell, portions of Prince George County and Fort Lee. Apply now for immediate consideration!
Responsible for supervising front-line personnel and implementing operational processes that are engaged in the functional area of production for water and/or wastewater operations.Key Accountabilities
- Supervise a team of front-line staff engaged in production operations. (10%)
- Schedule training and development activities to ensure that personnel obtain and maintain appropriate operator certifications from regulating agencies. (10%)
- Participate in the resolution of union and/or non-union labor issues. (10%)
- Record, compile and provide operating data to track the financial performance of production operations. (10%)
- Coordinates the construction of new and/or upgraded production facilities in accordance with approved CAPEX budget. (10%)
- Implement a preventative maintenance program for capital assets that provides OPEX savings and defers CAPEX spending, where possible. (10%)
- Day-to-day implementation of security efforts at all production facilities.
- Supervise daily activities to ensure that adequate quantities of treated water meeting all regulatory standards are provided to customers at all times.
- Supervise operational and business processes to ensure that American
- Water policies are followed, best practices are implemented, and internal/external reporting requirements are satisfied. (40%)
- Knowledge of the regulated water business and the regulations impacting the business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures, practices, and trends.
- Knowledge of process and operational areas.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline.
- VA Class I License highly preferred or ability to obtain within three years.
- Champions safety
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer obsessed
- Drives Results
- Nimble learning
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.