Senior Supervisor Operations--Maintenance/Production (Water Utility) (100293)
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Supervisor who will oversee maintenance at our water treatment facility in the Bridgewater, NJ area. Are you a natural leader who puts safety first in all that you do? Are you organized and task oriented? Can you communicate well with others at all levels both internally and externally? If you said yes to these questions, this might be the role for you! This is a great opportunity to work with our production & maintenance teams, as well as our contractors on capital projects. Don't wait to apply!
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Supervises the day-to-day water and/or wastewater operations in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations.Key Accountabilities
- Supervise and coordinate regional construction, operations, and maintenance within established budget limitations. (10%)
- Assures policies, procedures, programs and performance are adhered to ensure the continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability. (10%)
- Train and develop personnel in proper operational integrity (quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, security, etc.) is maintained. (10%)
- Obtains all required permits, licenses, rights of way, etc. required for proper compliance. (10%)
- May be involved in customer service related issues. (10%)
- Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas. (10%)
- Support the Business Development function in the operational analysis pricing and integration of water and wastewater business opportunities in both the regulated and non-regulated markets Supports manger to ensure effective people management policies and practices are developed and implemented (e.g., time and attendance, workforce management, etc.) and ensure resources are developed and deployed appropriately.
- Continue to reinforce the importance of developing a diverse workforce.
- Work collaboratively with other functional leads to mitigate business risks.
- Implement effective communications at all levels of our operations.
- Provide effective leadership that will enhance our abilities to be flexible to changing business environments.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (40%)
- Knowledge of the regulated water business and the regulations impacting the business.
- Knowledge of process and operational areas.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in operations.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
- Local and occasional regional travel
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- 24/7 operations; must be available for emergency calls
- State license preferred. Must possess valid drivers license.
- Certifications/Training in Safety preferred
- Physical/Cognitive Requirements:
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, and walk for long periods of time.
- Lift minimum 25lbs.
- Occasional hands on work required
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.