Supervisor, Maintenance - Water Production (100548)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Assist with operations, and maintenance within established budget.
- Supervise and mentor maintenance personnel to foster an open learning environment to include group knowledge sharing
- Assist in the development of training programs for mechanical aptitude of key maintenance personnel.
- Ensure local water and/or wastewater operations meet the required standards and follow regulatory targets.
- Supervise the implementation of standards, targets, policies, and plans to ensure the continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
- Ensure that operational integrity (quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, security, etc.) is maintained while developing the mechanical knowledge base of key maintenance personnel
- Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas.
- Continue to reinforce the importance of developing a diverse workforce.
- Implement effective communications at all levels of our operations.
- Work with union leadership to ensure policies and team members follow the CBA
- Candidate will have strong mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Candidate must have the ability to mentor maintenance staff on all aspects of mechanical pump theory and troubleshooting technical mechanical issues
- A strong knowledge of piping, valve operation and repair is required
- Candidate will be required to be computer literate and be familiar with or could learn and utilize the Map Call application to monitor and assign the workforce properly and effectively.
- Candidate will possess excellent organization skills and be detail orientated to achieve desired results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g., fluency, report writing, developing materials and presentations).
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., persuasion, negotiation, listening, cooperation, tact, diplomacy, problem solving, internal consulting, etc.)
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business is a plus.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories, practices, and trends, expert knowledge of process and operational areas.
• 4-6 year experience in the plumbing trade with a background in installation and troubleshooting is preferred
• 3-5 years experience in supervising operational areas and operating units, and managing and meeting performance targetsWork Environment
- Candidate will be required to become familiar with the entire Water System and daily operations to allow functioning as the back up to the Senior Operations Supervisor.
• Candidate will be assigned On Call after hours duties on a rotational basis.Competencies Champions safetyCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer obsessedDrives ResultsNimble learning
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.