Supervisor, Production (101002)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
Pennsylvania American Water is looking for an energetic Production Supervisor to join our team in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania. This person will be responsible for supervising front-line plant personnel and implementing operational processes. As the Production Supervisor, you will engage in the daily functional areas of water production and/or wastewater operations, while leading a team of operators and maintenance staff.
Responsible for supervising front-line personnel and implementing operational processes that are engaged in the functional area of production for water and/or wastewater operations.Key Accountabilities
- Supervise a team of front-line staff engaged in production operations.(10%)
- Schedule training and development activities to ensure that personnel obtain and maintain appropriate operator certifications from regulating agencies. (10%)
- Participate in the resolution of union and/or non-union labor issues/ (10%)
- Record, compile and provide operating data to track the financial performance of production operations. (10%)
- Coordinates the construction of new and/or upgraded production facilities in accordance with approved CAPEX budget. (10%)
- Implement a preventative maintenance program for capital assets that provides OPEX savings and defers CAPEX spending, where possible. (10%)
- Day-to-day implementation of security efforts at all production facilities.
- Supervise daily activities to ensure that adequate quantities of treated water meeting all regulatory standards are provided to customers at all times.
- Supervise operational and business processes to ensure that American Water policies are followed, best practices are implemented, and internal/external reporting requirements are satisfied. (40%)
- Knowledge of the regulated water business and the regulations impacting the business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures, practices, and trends.
- Knowledge of process and operational areas.
- A bachelor’s degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.