Production Worker - 1st Shift (127915)
Eaton’s Electrical Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking a 1st shift Utility Worker (Flex) to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, New York facility. This role starts at $17.02/hr
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this position, candidates will have an opportunity to work in different areas throughout the plant doing a variety of tasks such as assembly, machining, mounting, hanging parts, packing, etc.
In this function you will:
- Perform a variety of assembly, machining, labeling, and packing.
- Work from Assembly layouts and drawings.
- Operate single spindle and multi-spindle drill press to drill, tap, ream, counterbore, mill, and slot.
- Perform all required repetitive duties to load, unload, hang, spray paint, wash, a wide variety of materials and components to and from conveyors, paint hooks/tables, trees, trucks, etc.
- Operate fork truck or hand truck as required to move, stack, and deliver material to and from proper destinations or surface areas.
- Duties involve following prescribed routines or detailed instructions requiring minor decisions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Syracuse, NY will be considered.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Experience reading blueprint drawings and able to use measuring devices (verniers, micrometers, gages); minimum of six months prior experience
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No