Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, and Oil & Gas Division is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Troy, IL location.
The primary function of the Quality Manager is to lead the definition, execution, and deployment of the Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with the Troy plant leadership team while serving as the Management representative for the Quality management system for the entire B-Line division.
In this role you will:
- Manage the Quality / customer interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution, root cause determination and corrective action.
- Champion to investigate root causes, define improvement actions and strategies to achieve Plant Quality Goals, follow up promptly actions execution.
- Ensure Quality organization support to Supply Chain management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements.
- Leads the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing quality leadership and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Participate in and/or may lead the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customers’ requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- Analyze organizational Quality Metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- Develop and implements a Quality structure capable of supporting strategic plans and initiatives.
- Design and implements Quality Assurance training programs and conducts training in quality related topics relative to the work.
- Ensure functional participation in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs and material testing.
- Lead improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out of control conditions and process audits.
- Ensure development, implementation and audit of inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria and procedures/work instructions.
- Develop and implement packaging improvements to prevent freight related damages.
- Manage team of hourly resources responsible for executing tactical quality control/assurance activities.
- Division level - Maintain Quality System to ensure ongoing ISO-9001and EQS compliance. Designate as the Management Representative with responsibility and authority that includes:
- Ensure that processes needed for an ISO9001 based quality management system are established, implemented and maintained, maintain ISO9001 certification for all division facilities
- Report to the division operations leadership team on the performance of the quality management system and any needs for improvement
- Develop and maintain Quality System Internal Auditors team for the B-Line division
- Establishes effective processes, procedures and methods for the areas of: Control of Documents, Control of Records, Management Review, Corrective and Preventive actions, and Internal Audits
- Analyze division performance through an analysis of Quality System procedures and drive improvements in not robust elements
- Lead the deployment of Eaton Quality System policies in QMS in each facility throughout the division.
- Champion the deployment of elements of the Eaton Business System related to assessment (EBE, EQS)
- Support the execution and deployment of the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with each of the Plants leadership teams throughout the division.
- Builds organizational capability by executing development plans for internal auditors and supplementing the training associated with the EBS, EQS, and ISO auditors for the B-Line division
- Ensure that customer requirements are addressed. This includes selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive actions, and participate in the development of new product design focused on the quality parameters of the process design.
- Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Manager, Leader, and/or Supervisor overseeing a Quality group
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Troy, IL will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Previous accounting/finance experience within manufacturing.
- Proven cross functional engagement or experience.
- Professional Certification (Lean Six Sigma, CMA).
- Production Expenses – High impact to costs associated with poor quality such as scrap, rework, inspection, and warranty.
- Sales Volume – Responsible for product quality and customer satisfaction for manufacturing facility with $70 Million in annual sales.
- Lead Quality resource for global product line with $120 Million in Sales
- Employees Supervised – 3 hourly quality technicians and additional hourly employees as required for large cable tray projects requiring additional quality inspections.
- Quality System Certification –Develops division-level strategy and oversees implementation of ISO-9001 and EQS compliant quality system across 6 U.S. manufacturing facilities for $600 Million division.
- Position will be required to develop sound knowledge of financial accounting systems such as SAP, and Hyperion (HFM).
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a complex, multi-national corporate structure.
- Technical capabilities to prepare, analyze, and interpret comprehensive financial and operational information.
- Communicates well and can articulate ideas
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time