Quality Manager (127936)
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at the Camarillo, CA manufacturing facility. Relocation assistance is offered for this position within the United States.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Manager gives direction to the quality systems and engineering function. This position provides leadership, mentoring, evaluation and development of the quality engineers, quality supervisor, testing lead with in-direct support to the inspection and testing team. Additionally, the Quality Manager will facilitate problem solving, ensure coordination and communication of corrective and preventive actions, and assist the plant manager in system development and maintenance.
The Quality Manager will also provide means of escalation in support of customer satisfaction, corrective action and quality leading indicator initiatives. Additionally, the incumbent will encourage and support employee participation at all levels in the resolution of product quality problems, implement employee recognition, and promote positive company-oriented attitudes towards quality assurance and reliability of Eaton Aerospace products.
In this function you will:
- Develop, implement, and monitor performance against short and long-range plans to achieve quality engineering and quality system objectives
- Ensure the sustainment of Eaton Aerospace Quality Leading Indicator Strategy and Quality Best Practices
- Drive the quality culture and closely monitor quality leading indicators
- Manage PPAP Council along with Quality Council executing process improvement and Poka Yoke
- Identify needs, and develop the quality engineering function and quality systems
- Develop or modify quality procedures, metrics and processes to achieve quality and on time delivery goals
- Provide direction to ensure compliance with all applicable customer requirements and government regulations involving product quality
- Select and develop competent quality engineers, other direct reports and in plant auditors to ensure quality goals are achieved
- Drive corrective action and preventive action for timely and effective completion
- Assist as required in all technical qualify functions as necessary
- Assure effective communication and reporting to customers
- Assure compliance with control phase of quality systems and initiatives such as internal auditing, statistical process control and testing
- Provide support and leadership to Quality Engineering in new product development
- Support the development and utilization of quality feedback tools to maintain and implement "lessons
- Support the achievement of Cost of Quality, goals as identified by the Plant Manager, Regional Quality Manager and Quality Director
- Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum four (4) years in a Quality role within a plant-manufacturing environment
- Minimum two (2) years combined experience in a supervisory and/or management role
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- This position required use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Technical degree preferred
- Certified Quality Management is preferred
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Black Belt preferred
- Strong Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Background also preferred
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER ITD
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time