Eaton’s GEIS division is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
The Quality Manager reports functionally to the Crouse-Hinds Americas Regional Quality Manager and is responsible to lead the total plant QA/QC system for the Crouse-Hinds and Bussmann products. This includes all traditional quality verification activities (receiving and in-process inspection, test, audit and repair activities, continuous improvement, product launch, supplier quality, and quality system compliance).
The Quality Manager is responsible for providing technical assistance and quality leadership to all operating departments; driving problem resolution utilizing an 8D approach along with statistical methods and other problem solving techniques; collecting and evaluating quality data and performing a wide variety of quality engineering activities in support of business objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage, coach, and develop quality associates and promote a positive quality culture throughout the facility by establishing sound systems and a demonstrated process focus.
- Plan, install, sustain and improve a total quality system in accordance with industry and Eaton quality standards, ISO 9001, and customer requirements.
- Develop and perform quality related technical training to operations to ensure that Eaton Crouse-Hinds is in compliance with established quality policies and procedures; meets or exceeds customer quality expectations and standards; ISO and other certification requirements.
- Establish systems for data collection and investigation. Then, use that data to drive continuous improvement activities within all manufacturing departments.
- Plan for, guide, and measure “voice or process” and “voice of customer” performance and quality system effectiveness. Making adjustments in strategy and/or procedure as necessary.
- Guide proactive quality improvement through the proper execution of APQP within the facility to ensure flawless launch of new product. Also, manage quality deliverables associated with product and process design changes.
- Install, track, and manage supplier performance through robust incoming inspection practices and supplier performance management activities.
- Resolve internal and external quality concerns in a definite and timely fashion.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working as a Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Detailed knowledge of ISO9000 and IATF quality system requirements
- Working knowledge of AIAG standards, including APQP and PPAP.
- Expert skills in using and training quality tools (i.e. Fishbone Diagrams, 5-Whys, 8D, Gage R&R, FMEA, SPC, etc.).
- Certified Quality Auditor Credential
- Certification by the American Society for Quality as Six Sigma Black Belt or Certified Quality Engineer
- Experience with metal machining, molding and assembly processes
- Excellent verbal and written English Communication skills
- Extensive project management experience in a team environment
- Computer literate and familiar with the following: MS Office, SAP, Minitab or other statistical application knowledge
- 10% Travel
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time