Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our team.
This is a 1st Shift Position, based in North Charleston, South Carolina.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this position you will:
- Conduct required product inspections of precision machined components used in the Aerospace industry and maintain appropriate systems (ie. DR system, Quality log)
- Act as a quality resource for High Performance Work Teams which includes leading troubleshooting and problem-solving activities for quality related issues in the area
- Conduct Training and Audits as required
- Perform Capability/Gage R&R Studies and other data analysis
- Develop and maintain Quality Plan work instructions
- Work with Quality Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer to reduce in process and final inspection time
- Program and troubleshoot CMMs
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment working in a quality role.
- Minimum 1 year experience in GD&T application and blueprint reading.
- Minimum 1 year experience with inspection equipment and gaging methods such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered with this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the North Charleston, SC facility.
- CMM programming / troubleshooting experience with WinCMES, Calypso, or CMM Manager
- Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment working in a quality role.
- Knows the basic concepts of problem solving and analytical / statistical techniques
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ISO/AS international standards
- Consistent knowledge and use of tools and techniques for measuring systems and devices as well as analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of AQP process as they pertain to PROLaunch, industry, regulatory and customer requirements
- Has worked in an environment with a certified QMS (ISO 9001 or similar)
- Demonstrates the use of metrics to measure and improve their own work
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No