Senior Analyst Forecasting and Supply Chain
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Analyst Supply Chain will schedule weekly synchronization meetings with Sales, Finance, SCM and Retailers and track differences between the company's sales forecast and customer's forecast to drive efficiency. In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Driving analysis of sales, financial and operational performance data (e.g., modeling, predictive analytics) to identify key insights and opportunities to improve forecast accuracy.
- Collaborating to build the Sales and Shipment Forecast.
- Managing gaps between Customer POs and retail forecast; Responsible of the Tiering/Allocation and Disposition processes.
- Tracking customer days on hand, POS, In-Stocks %, and report to Customer and Internal partners as necessary.
- Developing, maintaining and automating dashboards.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
In this role you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of related experience in operations planning, demand planning, outbound supply chain, or an analytics role.
- Forecasting experience using a variety of methods to advise future-state planning.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal capabilities; ability to build relationships (internal/external) and interact effectively with other departments and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to multitask.
- Process-oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Experience with aggregating and summarizing large amounts of historical data and identifying trends or business opportunities.
- SQL Expertise.
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI and Query.
- Mastery of MS Excel required - VBA preferred.
- Knowledge of data warehousing.
- Working experience with Python/R.
- Retail, E-com, or startup experience
- Statistical modeling (Linear Regression/K-means).
- Strong leadership skills and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better' qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.