Senior Supply Chain Analyst – Logistics Services
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
It’s crucial that we keep our retail outlets stocked with posters, flyers, and other merchandising materials, so that the store has all the latest news and info for customers. That’s where you come in. You’ll be monitoring inventory and managing all processes related to getting the stores what they need when they need it. Being the one closest to the process, we’ll look to you for ways to make our quality, accuracy, and efficiency even better.
- Anticipating and forecasting merchandising material needs.
- Planning and overseeing warehouse processes, workflow, and activities.
- Monitoring current merchandising material inventory levels and usage.
- Managing distribution, reorders, receiving requirements, returns, and transit issues.
- Analyzing device and accessory vendor discrepancies to ensure vendor issues are resolved.
- Supporting vendor scorecard metrics, vendor discrepancy processes, and managing KPI goals.
- Managing inbound discrepancy system issues with IT and 3PL contacts.
- Managing pre/backorders and constrained inventory SKUs in SAP and plan Distribution Center (DC) order drops.
- Defining requirements for new product types to meet business, system, and customer requirements.
- Managing label setup, testing, and launch process for all new VZW’s device and accessories with vendors, 3PLs, and Device Marketing.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams in the management of launches.
- Assisting onboarding new vendors as well as collaborating with Program Management Office (PMO) and Sourcing on contract and requirements execution.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are a process person and you like when things run smoothly-—but when they don’t, you’ll calmly find a good solution and then re-engineer the process to improve it for next time. People know you as the planner and organizer of the group. No balls drop on your watch as you juggle lots of different priorities because you keep track of all the details. You work well with lots of different kinds of people and know how to flex your style to suit the situation. You prefer a fast-paced environment with new challenges each day.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Warehouse, distribution, fulfillment center, or supply chain experience.
- Familiarity with in-store merchandising materials.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of inventory management principles and practices.
- Contract negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Customer interfacing skills with both internal and external custom.
- Ability to manage, implement, and support multiple projects under strict timelines.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California work location, the compensation range for this position is between $64,000 and $119,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.