Material Handler, CAR T Warehouse Operations
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
**This is an afternoon shift position: Monday-Friday, 2:00 PM-10:30 PM**
Material Handler, CAR T Warehouse Operations
Summit West, S-12
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manages material needs/requirements for CAR-T production per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in controlled and/or classified environments under the supervision of Warehousing Operations Management. Material Handlers must adhere to regulatory requirements while performing job functions. Job duties are performed within a team according to an assigned, production shift schedule. Communication of production deviations and assistance with quality investigations are required, as applicable.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cGMP/FDA regulated industry
- Basic mathematical skills
- General understanding of cGMPs
- Technical writing capability
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Inventory control and/or management
- Background to include an understanding of biology, chemistry, medical or clinical practices is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- OR Associate/ Medical Technical degree and 0-2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
- OR High School diploma/GED and 2-4 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs inventory control: cycle counts, material stocking, scrapping, at a minimum.
- Manages material expiry, allocation, kitting, and maintains material condition requirements.
- Quantifies and maintains materials in production dispensary.
- Performed apheresis receipt of incoming raw materials and prepares final product shipments for couriers.
- Maintains timing according to the production schedule to ensure on-time logistics.
- Records material handling data and information in a clear, concise, format according to proper GDPs.
- Works in a team based, cross-functional environment to complete warehousing tasks required by shift schedule.
- Must be able to work in an environment with blood derived components.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Available to work OT when business requires.
- Flexible to work across both Summit and Warren NJ sites.
- Willing to work staggered day shift hours.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions; however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may be necessary.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and documentation.
- Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job environment.
- Ability to lift from 25- 50 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face, core body, and legs/feet.
- Makeup, gum, nail polish, or other potential microbial sources are prohibited in restricted areas.
- Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with assigned pressure and temperature conditions. Reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents are expected.
- Routine exposure to human blood components.
- Designated areas may prohibit food, any outside materials such as cell phones, tablets, at a minimum.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.