Ashley Furniture is a privately held company with over 75 years in business. We wouldn’t be the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer without those that make us One Ashley. When you join the Ashley Furniture team you are joining the history and the future of furniture
The Retail Warehouse Associate is responsible for keep inventory levels on the sales floor at a maximum. Assists the Visual Merchandiser with moving/arranging product on showroom floor. Responsible for all aspects of warehouse product flow, setting-up of product, wrap and store purchased product until customer pick-up or delivery. Responsible for housekeeping in warehouse.
Primary Job Functions:
- Maintain floor inventory by arranging showroom floor and setting-up incoming product. Transfer product from warehouse to floor, monitor incoming product for structural integrity and/or flaws.
- Remove sold product from floor, wrap and store until customer delivery or load product into customer vehicle for customer pickup.
- Communicate daily or weekly as needed with the Visual Lead or Manager to coordinate efforts in prioritizing work for reading the floor for incoming merchandise.
- Responsible for the clerical side of the warehouse operation documenting product receipt.
- Receive and distribute and/or install parts that are ordered for repairing floor samples.
- Organize and maintain the warehouse, performing general housekeeping duties, including maintaining cardboard trailer/dumpsters. Keep the backroom warehousing area neat and clean.
- Building maintenance, completing simple repairs.
- Complete and submit weekly warehouse checklist.
- Work to reduce store WHS operating expenses.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- All other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Warehouse functions
- Hand tools
- Ability to use some industrial machinery
- Proper methods for lifting/stacking and leverage
- Basic Computer functions
- Strong product knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Manually unload and load product repeatedly from semi-trailers.
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to supervise and provide leadership
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the US, Required
- At least 18 years old, Required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and Holidays
- Ability to regularly lift and transport objects over 100 lBS with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrate Ashley’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Maintain reliable attendance
- Thrive in a team environment
At Ashley we believe in providing you flexibility for you and your family. When you join our family, you are eligible to participate in our comprehensive Benefits programs which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k), Paid Holidays, 80 hours paid vacation, and Profit Sharing. Benefits may vary based on position and location, so we encourage you to speak with the recruiting team during the interview process.
Who Are We?
Ashley is the largest manufacturer of home furnishings in the world and has been named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes. We are on the cutting edge of innovation with a laser focus on technology. We invest in automation initiatives creating industry-leading, high-speed automated equipment and manufacturing systems.
“Since 1945, our teamwork, systems, and desire to continuously improve demonstrate a company whose passion is put into every action. Ashley’s vision is “We want to be the best home furnishings company”. We strive for nothing less than earning the loyalty and trust of our employees and customers every day.” -Todd Wanek, President, and CEO
One Ashley Core Values:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Passion, Drive, Discipline
- Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence
- Dirty Fingernail
- Growth Focused
Ashley Furniture is known for having a “Growth Mindset”, and it is our mission to help those around us continue to grow. We implement continuous improvement learning programs for those within our organization and outside of our organization.
We support community development by honoring our military, and first response teams, and investing in medical research. We strive to be an industry leader in waste reduction by increasing recycling and upcycling in our manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and retail spaces.
Learn more about our efforts below
Programs we Support:
Soldiers Walk Memorial Park
Operation Shut Eye
Aiding First Responders
City of Hope
Hope to Dream
Scholarship Programs and Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.